Here's today's writing prompt: What really makes you angry about the world?

"Dale Carnegie used to say that anyone could become a great public speaker if they were angry enough. And when it comes to helping people and living your legend, starting with your biggest frustrations can open up a lot of ideas as to the difference you want to make. Think of what consistently makes you mad about the world and what you wish was different."

Dear You!

I told my better half today that I needed to write about something that makes me angry about the world and frustrates me. She asked in response why I would create another blog about something that's bad in the world.

It got me thinking. For a long time already I have tried to follow a Low-Information Diet introduced to me through the works of Tim Ferriss. I shut down my Facebook account, quit the television contract with my service provider, uninstalled almost all social applications from my phone and turned of all notifications, installed SelfRestraint on my computer and replaced the scary news with positive, joyful, and fun information. Among other things. Of course I'm constantly slipping here and there, but overall I've become a happier person because of that.

So I have tried very hard to not be angry. Is that missing from my life?

I do feel that I want to make a difference. I believe that everybody wants to do that in some way. But. The belief I have, that seems to drive me, does not grow out of frustration. And it doesn't make me angry or consistently mad. And I don't think it should.

I believe that I am able to enjoy the present with all that's in it and work towards fulfilling my beliefs and dreams. I also believe that that is something everybody desires. Unfortunately not every person is there yet. And if I'm able to pass on tools that help materializing dreams and spark ideas towards a better world..

Then this has to be worth not being mad about something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Am So Passionate About Helping People

There Flows Goodness In Us

The Natural Power Of The Beginner's Mind